Commute Green NH
Regional Events & Info
These resources will help you find and use green commuting options like the free carpool matching service from the state to local bike trails to walk and bike on.
- NH Rideshare - NH Rideshare is a FREE commuter matching service provided by the NH Department of Transportation and dedicated to finding an alternative way for commuters to travel to and from work.
- Upper Valley Rideshare - Upper Valley Rideshare is a FREE commuter matching service provided by Advance Transit. To help commuters form carpools, UV Rideshare uses computer-matching software to locate potential partners and offers Emergency Ride Home benefits to everyone in a registered carpool too.
- Program for Alternative Transportation and Health - PATH offers FREE assistance to its members by helping them connect with carpools. PATH and NH Rideshare also work with employers to establish organization-specific carpool programs and are working to make bicycling, walking and public transportation safer and more accessible.
- Monadnock Rideshare - Monadnock Rideshare serves the Monadnock Region with a free online Rideboard where carpoolers post or seek rides. Registration is quick and easy. Commuting to work or school, running errands, attending social events, or getting the kids to school and after school activities - Why not carpool?
- Monadnock Transportation Management Association - Through leadership and education, the MRTMA promotes all modes of transportation that enhance the environmental, economic and physical health and well-being of citizens in the Monadnock Region.
- North Country RideShare - An initiative to promote NH RideShare, a free carpool matching service, and provide public education to increase participation in the program in the North Country.
- New Hampshire Park & Ride Locations
- Vermont Park & Ride Locations
- Maine Park & Ride Locations
- Massachusetts Park & Ride Locations
- Bike-Walk Alliance of New Hampshire - BWA-NH is the statewide focal point for bicycling and pedestrian related issues including safety and education programs, to act as a clearinghouse and resource for literature, and to promote viable programs initiated by other organizations.
- Granite State Wheelmen - The Granite State Wheelmen is New England's most active adult recreational bicycling club. GSW promotes safety, education and camaraderie.
- Seacoast Area Bicycle Routes - SABR is the bicycle advocacy group for Seacoast New Hampshire and Southern Maine.
- Central New Hampshire Bicycling Coalition - The mission of the Central New Hampshire Bicycling Coalition is to effectively improve bicycling conditions, safety, parking and the road network as well as to provide education and promotion of bicycling in Concord and surrounding communities. .
- Monadnock Cycling Club - Promote, organize, educate, and facilitate safe and enjoyable bicycling in the Monadnock Region of New Hampshire with representation of all interests within the cycling community.
- Upper Valley Trails Alliance
- How to Not Get Hit By Cars
- Don't Be A Road Hog/Road Warrior Brochure
- Paul Dorn's Bike Commuting Tips
- NH Bike/Ped Maps
- Concord Bicycle Parking Locations
- Walk Score - Shows you a map of what's nearby and calculates a 'Walk Score' for any address.
- Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Walk NH
- NH Walking Trails
- NH Rail Trails
- NH Transit Links - Want to know more about a particular transit provider? Need a bus schedule, route map or ticket info? Follow this link and you'll find contact information as well as links to Internet websites for many of the state's transportation providers.
- Statewide Coordinating Council for Community Transportation - The SCC is developing state-level coordination systems, including coordination regions and information technologies, and working with regional groups to establish regional councils.
New Hampshire's Regional Planning Commissions
- New Hampshire Association of Regional Planning Commissions - Regional Planning Commissions provide transportation, environmental, energy planning and other technical services to NH municipalities.